Effusively aromatic, it bursts forth with notes of pineapple, lemon, white peach, crushed rocks, green banana, and ginger.


The palate is bright and mineral driven, showcasing notes of lemon, white flowers, granny smith apple, pomelo, with a subtle briny character. It finishes taut and crisp, framed by its crunchy acidity.

Growing Conditions

Located 2 miles from the Pacific Ocean in Pismo Beach, Spanish Springs Vineyard covers a series of steep hillsides composed of uplifted marine seabed. It produces vibrant, energetic wines possessing gorgeous aromatics and striking salinity.

2021 was an extremely cool season, allowing us to have a very long hangtime, ultimately picking on October 14th.


October 14th, 2021


When it comes to making Viognier, we aim for a very different style than what is typically produced in California, showcasing what can be done with the variety on the extremes of the coast. This year we chose to ferment mostly in stainless steel (75%) to preserve freshness and bright fruit, and the remaining 25% in older French oak barrels for texture.

- No malolactic fermentation


Fermented & aged 6 months 75% stainless steel & 25% neutral French oak