A Meyer lemon nose and hints of lemon grass.


Flavors of sweet lemon curd a touch of vanilla are livened by the slightest hint of uncut jalapeno. This medium bodied white has an inherent creaminess from neutral oak barrels and splash of acid that excites.

Growing Conditions

Situated on a high elevation, south facing slope, this Sauvignon Blanc vineyard was especially balanced throughout the growing season and ripening was not an issue. The location allows for even hours of sunlight on each side of the vine which aides in fruit maturity. Daily afternoon breezes ensured that even through high heat occurrences, the vineyard was cooled, allowing for transpiration.


We harvested a portion of the vineyard on August 19th at a lower brix and high acidity, then waited nearly two-and-a half weeks to harvest the rest at a higher brix and lower acidity.


After harvesting, grapes for the Austin Hope Sauvignon Blanc were whole-cluster pressed into stainless steel tanks for settling. The juice was then racked off its heavy lees into barrels and tanks for fermentation 47% of the juice was barrel fermented in a mix of new, one to two time used and neutral, while the other 53% was fermented in stainless steel.


The barrel fermented portion saw 5 months of sur-lie aging and during the middle three months, the barrels were stirred monthly to add to the creamy nature of the wine. After the final blend was assembled, the wine was gently crossflow filtered before bottling.


Our Sauvignon Blanc is a clean pale yellow.

Food Pairing

Waldorf Salad