The wine is not only orange in color,
but also smells like orange blossom and creamsicle. There is also an exotic Chai
The palate is structured more like a red wine with notes of pear,
orange sherbet and chalk.
- FARMING: Organic, certified from CCOF
- VINEYARD: Jack Knife ALTITUDE:1200 ft.
- EXPOSURE: N.E. slopes, 30% grade
- SOILS: Well drained silty clay loam soil, weathered form calcareous shale and sandstone
- VARIETIES: Falanghina, own rooted
- VINE TRAINING: Bilateral cordon, spurpruned, modified vertical shoot positioning
THIS BOTTLING was a total bright spot in the 2020 Fatto a Mano Series and improved
on what has been our most popular orange wine.
Falanghina grapes are left on the skins to
ferment for 90 days in amphora. After fermentation the grapes are drained and
pressed. The wine is then transfered back to amphora to age for 4 months until
- YEASTS: Native